|Ruff's Case of Blues in the Brain|
|Season 2, Episode 2|
|Air date||May 29, 2007|
|Written by||Jim Conroy|
|Directed by||Paul Serafini|
Ruff Ruffman Breaks the Mold
You Lucky Dog
Willie and Madi must use non-verbal forms of communication to complete their challenge-making art and music with the Blue Man Group, while Bridget and Mike must determine whether the old myth is true that humans use only 10% of their brains. First, they meet up with a neurologist to learn about the brain. Then they visit a neuroscientist at an MRI lab to devise an experiment that will help them figure out whether people really use more than 10% of their brains.
- Bridget and Mike: 80
- Willie and Madi: 80
- Madi: 85
- Bridget: 80 (3-way tie)
- Mike: 80 (3-way tie)
- Willie: 80 (3-way tie)
- Nina: 40 (tie)
- Rosario: 40 (tie)
- 1st: Madi: 170
- 2nd: Willie: 155
- 3rd: Mike: 145
- 4th: Nina: 130
- 5th: Bridget: 115
- 6th: Rosario: 75
- It is shown that Ruff does not sing the blues very well. When sing the blues, Blossom said that his blues were "bad", though he thought that she said that it was "sad". So that's why he's too happy to play the blues.
- This episode reveals that Ruff's life would be perfect if the sink stops drip.
- Madi and Willie gets a PVC pipe or canvas in the mailbox and go fetch.
- Mike and Bridget gets a challenge envelope in the mailbox and go fetch.
- This is the first episode where Nina and Rosario stay in Studio G whereas Bridget, Mike, Madi, and Willie go on their challenges.
- There was a Half-Time Quiz Show question where the answer was "the occipital lobe". Rosario and Nina had said "occipenter". Ruff told them they did octagon, octagonal, and oxymoron but they did not get occipital.
- Nina and Rosario are the next two FETCHers to win 40 points from the Half-Time Quiz Show.
- Nina and Rosario got eight out of ten questions correct where they scored 40 points during the Half-Time Quiz Show. As such, this episode along with Tape Loops and Loop-the-Loops, How to Get Dogs and Doggerel in Better Shape, Scruff Ruffman At Large!, and Take Me Out to the Fashion Show are the only Season 2 episodes where FETCHers score 40 points in the Half-Time Quiz Show.
- Madi and Willie bring PVC pipe or canvas was met the Blue Man Group made with plastic plumb pipes.
- Mike and Bridget met Dr. Janice Wiesman is a neurologist, Dr. Kim was in Magnetic Resonance Imaging Center, there is Stephanie and there is Jamie.
- Dr. Janice Wiesman passed away on August 4, 2020 when she had a long battle with COVID-19.
- Ruff performs a Blue Man act where he eats things and spits them on a board with the intention of created a masterpiece. However, he falls down and is covered in green paint and stays like this until the end of this episode.
- Ruff references the band REO Speedwagon and says that he happens to enjoy their ballads.
- Madi got 5 bonus points for being the first contestant to play "Ode to Joy" on plumb pipes.
- Madi scored 85 points, making her today’s daily winner. Mike, Willie, and Bridget had 80 points each. Rosario and Nina earned 40 points each from Half-Time Quiz Show.
- Madi is the daily winner with 85 points. Her prize was an old plumb pipe from Ruff's doghouse. Her other prize was an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scanner.